INK SPOT PRESS
ABOUT INK SPOT PRESS LTD
Owners: Ruth Channing and Raoul Middleman Master Printer: Ian Jackson Associate: Richard Hellman
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
Ink Spot Press Ltd is a nonprofit art gallery and intaglio printmaking workshop.
Ink Spot Press was created by Ruth Channing and Raoul Middleman in the tradition of the painter-printmaker:
Artists who work in the medium of printmaking,
who may enlist the assistance of a master printer to realize their own artistic vision in print.
Artists work one-on-one with Ian Jackson. Choose etching, engraving, monotype, relief or collograph- or try them all. You may be an experienced printmaker, or have studied printmaking at some point; or, you may never have made a print before- whatever the case you are welcome. Our workshop boasts a heavy duty Griffin intaglio press, with a generous 26” x 48” press bed. We use a nontoxic salt-and-copper-sulfate etching solution on zinc, and most of our cleanup is done with vegetable oil rather than harsh solvents. We use traditional Charbonnel etching ink ourselves but soy based inks can be used if wanted. For engraving and drypoint we use the traditional copper plates.
ABOUT THE GALLERY:
The mission of our gallery is to display work produced in the workshop, and the work in the gallery is for sale.
Our main focus is the workshop, so we are open “by appointment” -that is, just text, phone or email us and
we will happily open up for you!
We’re always here during the week and can usually open up on weekends as well. Phone: 443-798-1167 (Ruth) 830-708-6424 (Ian) Email: WORKSHOP FEE: Rates start at $35 per hour. SUPPLIES: We’ll discuss what you need to bring, before you come, depending on what process you’ll be doing. We provide most of the necessary supplies.
LIST OF ARTISTS WE WORK WITH
Sandra Sedmak Engel
Upcoming Events: Due to Coronavirus- Please Check here to find out if events have been rescheduled!
- Sat, Feb 06943 N Calvert StFeb 06, 10:00 AM – May 31, 2:00 PM943 N Calvert St, 943 N Calvert St, Baltimore, MD 21202, USAWe’re proud to announce our first show for Spring 2021: The Structural Print: Collographs by Leslie Schwing at Ink Spot Press, 943 N Calvert St, Baltimore, MD 21202. eginning February 6, 2021, Ink Spot Press presents an exhibition of prints by Leslie Schwing that explore the possibilities of the c
- Wed, Oct 28943 N Calvert St
- Sun, Mar 15943 N Calvert StMar 15, 2020, 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM943 N Calvert St, 943 N Calvert St, Baltimore, MD 21202, USADue to Coronavirus we are changing the dates for the opening and for the artist’s talk, for Richard Hellman’s show The Magic Forest Revisited. The opening is cancelled for March 15 2020, and the artist’s talk is cancelled for March 29th.The show will be extended through May 10, 2020.
- Sun, Mar 15943 N Calvert StMar 15, 2020, 7:00 PM – May 10, 2020, 5:00 PM943 N Calvert St, 943 N Calvert St, Baltimore, MD 21202, USAArtist’s talk: CANCELLED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS Created by noted printmaker Richard Hellman over a period of several years. The series comprises seven extensively worked zinc etching plates, which have been printed in a variety of full-color versions, using the viscosity technique.
- Fri, Mar 13943 N Calvert StMar 13, 2020, 7:00 PM – May 10, 2020, 5:00 PM943 N Calvert St, 943 N Calvert St, Baltimore, MD 21202, USAOpening Postponed The Magic Forest Revisited: Experiments in Viscosity Printing by Richard Hellman On view by appointment beginning March 15 Joining the community effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Ink Spot Press is changing the dates for the opening and for the artist’s talk...
- Sun, Nov 24943 N Calvert StNov 24, 2019, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST943 N Calvert St, 943 N Calvert St, Baltimore, MD 21202, USAJoin us Sunday, November 24th from 3-5pm for the opening reception of Ian Jackson's solo show featuring thirteen drypoints from the studio. Ian Jackson lives and works in Baltimore, MD. With a methodical rhythm of proofing and editing copper plates over extended periods of time...
Come Visit By Appointment
For more information contact Ruth at 443-798-1167 or
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets"